How To Prevent And Treat Your Stress To Cure Psoriasis
There are many ways to prevent and treat stress. Some people may find those different methods work for them, but these are some general tips that can help:
1) Identify healthy coping mechanisms and stick to them. This could involve things like exercise, journaling, or deep breathing exercises.
2) Avoid any type of self-judgement. Accepting that everyone has stress and its normal to feel overwhelmed sometimes can be helpful.
3) Try to maintain a positive outlook and practice gratitude. Focusing on the good things in life can help to offset negative thoughts.
4) Seek professional help if the stress is becoming too much to handle on your own. There is no shame in seeking help, and a professional. can provide you with the tools you need to manage your stress.
If you are struggling with psoriasis and stress, it is important to seek help. There are many resources available to you, and a professional can help you find the best way to manage both conditions. Stress can make psoriasis worse, so it is important to take the time to reduce the stressors in your life.
Diluted Apple Cider Vinegar Might Make Your Scalp Less Itchy
If scalp psoriasis leaves you scratching your head , consider this: According to the National Psoriasis Foundation , at least half of the 7.5 million Americans with psoriasis have it on their scalp.
Theres no need to suffer. We now have so many fantastic ways to treat scalp psoriasis, says Melodie Young, a nurse practitioner who specializes in chronic skin disease at Mindful Dermatology in Dallas. Options range from topical steroids and medicated shampoos for mild or moderate psoriasis to injectable biologics for severe cases.
In addition to prescription medications, natural remedies may also provide a measure of relief, particularly if your symptoms are mild. Below are five that may help you thwart flaking, itchiness, or burning caused by scalp psoriasis.
Always check with your dermatologist before trying any home remedy, even the natural kind, to make sure its safe for you. Youll also want to perform a patch test to make sure you dont have an allergy: Apply the treatment to a small area of skin such as the inside of your forearm, cover with a bandage, then check over the next few days for a rash or other sign of trouble.
When To See A Doctor
Its a good idea to visit your dermatologist if you have scalp psoriasis. If you notice that your symptoms arent improving with specially formulated shampoos, or if your symptoms are worsening, see your doctor. This is especially important if your symptoms are painful or interfere with your daily life.
Don’t Miss: What Causes Flare Ups In Psoriasis
Are There Any Home Remedies For Scalp Psoriasis
While home remedies are safe for most people, its a good idea to check with your healthcare provider before trying some of the following options. You may be at risk of developing an allergic reaction.
- Aloe vera. Aloe vera is a wound care gel. It can keep your skin hydrated while treating itchiness and irritation. Gently apply aloe vera to your plaques two to three times per day.
- Baking soda. Mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda with a small amount of warm water to make a paste. Gently apply the paste to your plaques and leave it on for up to 10 minutes to treat itchiness and irritation. Baking sodas gritty texture also helps remove dead skin cells . Gently rub it on your affected areas to soften your plaques.
- Coconut oil. Coconut oil moisturizes your skin. It also contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help reduce inflammation.
- Olive oil. Olive oil helps moisturize your dry skin and minimize irritation and itching.
Is The Best Treatment For Psoriasis On Scalp Right For Your Needs
The question that you have to ask yourself before buying any of the best treatment for psoriasis on scalp is whether or not they will suit your needs. Besides, you must clearly define what your needs and purposes are. From there, you can choose the best product and serve it according to your requirements.
Recommended Reading: Psoriasis Relief Cream Gold Bond
Therapy For Scalp Psoriasis
The treatment options for scalp psoriasis can differ based on the severity of the situation. Nonsteroidal topical medicines, which includes anti-inflammatory drugs, perform to reduce inflammation and slow down added cell development. For a lot more significant cases, a healthcare expert may prescribe biologics, which perform all through the physique to decrease inflammation and added cell growth. In some cases, UV light therapy could be suggested furthermore to prescription medications. Since hair blocks light from the scalp, a shaved head is best for this treatment.
Besides topical medicines, dermatologists may prescribe biologics, which are drugs that suppress the immune system and avoid the body from rejecting the affected areas. Oral retinoid drugs may be prescribed for scalp psoriasis. These medicines reduce redness and swelling of the affected areas. Nonetheless, the effectiveness of those treatment options is determined by the severity from the situation and your private situations. Consequently, its crucial to adhere to the doctors therapy strategy and adhere to all directions carefully.
Make Hair Care Product Swaps
Villaneuva suggests opting for products that are free of sulfates, phthalates, and parabens. “These ingredients will dry out the skin, which causes further irritation to the scalp,” she warns. Instead, look for ingredients like coconut oil, tea tree oil, turmeric, avocado oil, castor oil, and charcoal. All of these ingredients help to reduce inflammation and remove impurities to balance out the condition of the scalp.
Villanueva’s go-to for immediate relief is a DIY paste made with oats and water. “If you need immediate relief, you can make a paste with crushed oats and water and apply it directly to the skin,” she says. “This will not stop the progression of psoriasis, but it will help to temporarily relieve the scalp as oats are extremely soothing to the skin.”
Don’t Miss: Foods To Avoid With Psoriasis Arthritis
Use An Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
Apple cider vinegar is a do-it-all ingredient, and when used as an apple cider vinegar rinse, it can help lower the pH of the hair, giving you the silky, shiny locks you’ve always wanted. Villaneuva says it’s a great natural at-home remedy to alleviate itching and irritation. “Apply an apple cider vinegar rinse to the scalp and wait for it to dry,” she suggests. Once the vinegar has dried, rinse the solution off of the scalp. However, only use this on mild flare-ups: “You’ll want to avoid using apple cider vinegar if your skin is cracked, bleeding, or there are open wounds.” This is safe to repeat a few times a week to reduce irritation.
Unwind With Lavender And Calendula
Not many antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory agents are known for helping you relax, but thats the magic of lavender essential oil. You can also add calendula oil to the mix , along with a carrier oil, and apply directly to the scalp.
Just remember to only add a few drops of essential oil to each tablespoon of carrier oil you use, and do a patch test first to make sure you dont have a sensitivity to those particular oils.
Some potential carrier oils:
- avocado oil
- jojoba oil
Sadly the science here is still a little lacking, so make sure to do your homework and chat with a derm before oiling up.
Another option that doesnt involve topical application: Since stress makes psoriasis flares worse, you can sit in a quiet room with dim lighting, some lavender oil in the diffuser, and just chilllll. This may not affect your psoriasis in the short term, but it could help the flare go away faster. And, bonus points for caring for your mental health.
Don’t Miss: Plaque Psoriasis And Joint Pain
Treatment: Where To Start
The most common treatments for mild cases are medications that you put directly on your scalp. If you have a more severe case or have psoriasis elsewhere on your body, you may need a medication that treats your whole body. You can take these medications by mouth or injection.
If your psoriasis doesn’t respond well after repeated use of one medication, your doctor may replace or combine it with another type of treatment.
One of the first steps is to soften and remove scales. This makes it easier for medications to do their job.
- Apply over-the-counter products to your scalp to help soften scales and make them easier to peel off. Look for products with the active ingredients salicylic acid, lactic acid, urea, zinc pyrithione, or selenium sulfide.
- Gently loosen the scales with a brush or fine-toothed comb.
- Shampoo your scalp to remove the scales, using a salicylic acid shampoo or soap.
- Apply thick creams to your scalp while it’s still damp to hold in the moisture.
To apply medication:
Best Treatment For Scalp Psoriasis: Top 10 List
Choosing the appropriate treatment for scalp psoriasis can be tough. However, if you consider these factors, your job will be easier. These factors will be discussed:
- Product Quality: One of the most important factors to consider when purchasing a product is its quality. Nobody would want a low-quality or easily worn-out object. They are even willing to spend a somewhat greater price for a good product.
- Sturdiness: Reliability and durability are inextricably linked. Because it is tough and resilient, your treatment for scalp psoriasis will last you for many months.
- Product availability: New items are frequently introduced to replace outdated products. This new product has most likely been updated in some way and may thus have new features.
- Seller’s Rank: Don’t you find it fascinating? You must have an excellent product, be known, and grow. These are both significant objectives. The product is successful based on its growing user base. Because more people are purchasing things, producers must provide better after-sales service and quality.
- Customer Feedback: You will not be held liable for things that went wrong with previous clients, will you? If you see higher ratings, you can rely on these.
Also Check: Is Psoriasis A Chronic Condition
Here’s A List Of 7 Effective Home Remedies For Scalp Psoriasis:
1. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has anti-bacterial properties. It can help reduce the redness, soreness and irritation caused due to scalp psoriasis. It contains antiseptic properties that which prevents recurring infections. To use apple cider vinegar as a home remedy for scalp psoriasis, add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to half a cup of water. This reduces burning sensations. Apply it to the affected areas for 20 minutes. Repeat this twice a week. Rinse the scalp with lukewarm water. Do not use apple cider vinegar if the scalp is cracked or bleeding. Vinegar will sting and cause more irritation if you have any open wounds. It is one of the best home remedies for scalp psoriasis.
Home remedies for scalp psoriasis: Apple cider vinegar should not be used if there are open wounds on the scalp.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera gel, when applied to the scalp, gives a soothing effect. It can help with itchiness and irritation caused due to scalp psoriasis. Its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties help you treat psoriasis naturally. Use fresh aloe vera gel along with lavender oil for better results. After every sitting, wash your hair with a mild, medicated shampoo.
Home remedies for scalp psoriasis: Aloe vera gel, when applied to the scalp. provides a soothing effect
Also read: Aloe Vera For Hair Growth: Does Aloe Vera Help In Hair Growth?
3. Coconut oil
Home remedies for scalp psoriasis: Coconut oil is one of the best home remedies for scalp psoriasis
Topical Treatments For Moderate To Severe Scalp Psoriasis
If your symptoms are more severe and the plaques on your scalp are thick, you will probably need prescription treatment. Your GP can recommend a topical treatment containing corticosteroids, vitamin D analogues, or dithranol. Prescription products containing these ingredients include Dermovate scalp application, Locoid scalp lotion, Dithrocream and Dovobet gel.
You should use these treatment exactly as directed by your doctor. Make sure that you apply the medicated product directly to the scalp, and not to the hair.
In addition to these medicated treatments, you might also try using emollients on your scalp, as these can help to soften thick plaques. An emollient is a rich moisturiser which can prevent itching and inflammation, and create a protective barrier on the skin, sealing in moisture.
If you are going to use an emollient on your scalp, you should try the following method:
Also Check: Why Does Sun Help Psoriasis
Safety And Side Effects
Keep in mind that these products wont cure scalp psoriasis, but they may help manage flare-ups.
If your condition worsens, check in with your doctor. Some cases of scalp psoriasis are more severe and may require prescription shampoos.
As with any new product, be sure to do a patch test before using a scalp psoriasis shampoo over your whole head. To do a patch test, put some product on the inside of your wrist and wait 24 hours, watching for signs of irritation.
Coal tar might not be safe to use during pregnancy or on infants, so talk with your doctor first.
Using some of these shampoos alone can be drying to your hair because coal tar and salicylic acid strip away oils. Find a good conditioner and make sure that youre keeping your hair and scalp moisturized. Some brands such as Head & Shoulders and Vanicream have conditioners that pair with their respective shampoos. As for other shampoos, you can pair them with moisturizing or intensive care conditioners.
Natural Scalp Psoriasis Treatments
Like many other conditions, natural remedies can be used in treating scalp psoriasis at home.
Essential oils such as tea tree oil or peppermint oil are antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory. Adding a few drops in your oil mix and applying it directly on your scalp can help soothe the itchiness caused by scalp psoriasis. Not to mention, that minty feeling on your scalp feels amazing! For a bonus tip, you can also add drops of tea tree oil or peppermint oil to your shampoo or use shampoos that have these oils as their main ingredients.
Did you know that apple cider vinegar contains antiseptic and disinfective properties? Well, this is why ACV is a great natural scalp psoriasis treatment that can help reduce itchiness and soreness caused by scalp psoriasis. When using ACV to treat your psoriasis, dont apply it directly on your scalp because it might burn, especially if the affected area is already an open wound. So, always mix it with some water to cut out the sting. A great way to implement ACV in your hair-care routine is by using it as a rinse after shampooing and before applying your conditioner.
Don’t Miss: Small Patch Of Psoriasis On Leg
Best Psoriasis Treatment At Home
There are a few key things that you can do at home to help manage your psoriasis symptoms before you get your customised Homeopathy medicines from Welling Clinic,
1. Keep your skin moisturized: Dry skin can make psoriasis worse, so make sure to keep your skin moisturized. Apply a moisturizer right after you bathe or shower when your skin is still damp. Look for a moisturizer that contains ingredients like shea butter, olive oil, or mineral oil.
2. Avoid harsh irritants: Harsh irritants like soap, detergents, and solvents can aggravate psoriasis symptoms. Try to avoid contact with these things as much as possible.
3. Wear loose-fitting clothes: Tight clothing can irritate psoriasis symptoms, so try to wear clothes that are looser.
4. Keep your fingernails trimmed: If you have psoriatic arthritis, then keeping your nails short can help keep pressure off of affected joints.
5. Protect your skin from the sun: When youre outside, make sure to cover up with a hat and sun block.
6. Get help for depression: If you have psoriasis, then theres a good chance that you have depression related to it as well. Talk to your doctor about getting treated if you are experiencing these symptoms.
7. Exercise regularly: Daily exercise can help reduce the stress associated with psoriasis and it might also help improve your overall health.
Oatmeal Helps Fight Inflammation
Oatmeal isnt just a great breakfast option its a major skin soother. An oatmeal bath is a popular at-home treatment for alleviating the itch and pain of rashes caused by poison ivy, chicken pox, and sunburn.
Oatmeal can also help with inflammation associated with scalp psoriasis, says Jennifer Burns, NMD, a naturopathic doctor and founder of the Burns Integrative Wellness Center in Phoenix.
Mix uncooked oatmeal with water, adding a few drops of olive oil. Smooth the paste on your scalp and leave it on for at least 10 minutes. Rinse, shampoo, then condition.
Recommended Reading: Psoriasis Treatment Creams Over The Counter
How Many Competitors Does It Have
Many different factors go into answering this question. The number of competitors can vary greatly depending on the best treatment for psoriasis on scalp you are dealing with and the scope of your business model. Knowing how these factors can affect your market share is important when deciding whether or not you should enter a new market.
Ways To Get Rid Of Scalp Psoriasis
Psoriasis can attack anyone regardless of gender, it is not dangerous, but its very annoying and will ruin your appearance. This article discusses the best ways to eliminate scalp psoriasis, one of the most common types of psoriasis. This problem is due to abnormality that happens within the immune system.
Whenever the immune system sends a faulty signal, skin cells multiply these excess skin cells then pile up on the skins surface, most commonly on the scalp, causing psoriasis on the scalp. Although it can grow somewhere else, the forehead is the second most common cause. Here are ten effective ways to get rid of scalp psoriasis.
Don’t Miss: Best Cream Psoriasis Over Counter